Effective Date: July 15, 2019
Please remember that your use of the Site is at all times subject to our Terms of Service
Attention: Privacy Department
5856 Adams Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
- Types of Personal Information We Collect
- How Packwoods Collects Personal Information
- How Packwoods Uses Personal Information
- When and Why Packwoods Discloses Personal Information
- Cookies and Related Technologies
- Your Choices
- Accessing and Correcting Your Personal and Other Information
- Security of Personal Information
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties
- California Privacy Rights
- Individuals Under the Age of 21
- Important Information for Non-U.S. Residents
- Types of Personal Information We Collect.
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact/Identity Information that allows us to identify and communicate with Users, such as but not limited to a User’s name, physical address, telephone number(s), Site password, email, social media, and other addresses at which that User receives communications from or on behalf of Packwoods;
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who Users are, and what types of Goods and offers they might like. This may include but isn’t limited to: areas of interest; information collected from social media interactions; and, information about Persons who have Referred Users to the Site, or who they have referred to the Site.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with Packwoods. This may include but isn’t limited to: transactions related to Goods available on or through the Site; how you interact with other Persons on or through the Site, which may include but isn’t limited to, our business partners and service providers;
- Financial Account Information as needed to process payments for Goods available on or through the Site, such as your credit or debit card number, expiration dates, billing address, and the card verification number.
- Geo-Location and Location Based Services Information Occasionally, we collect location-based information in order to provide any specific location-based Goods which you request. You understand and acknowledge that certain location-based services require a location to function properly. Your use of our application to access the Site on your mobile device with such features enabled signifies your agreement to use your location for the purposes of the Site. If and when we decide to use GPS or other location tools to identify your precise location, we’ll ask you if you want to opt-in before we do.
- Other Information when you visit or leave the Site (including our cookies or similar technology on the Site and the sites of others), we usually receive the URL of both the site you came from and the one you go to next. We may also get information about your IP address, proxy server, operating system, web browser, and add-ons, device identifiers and features, ISP and/or your mobile carrier. If you use the Site from a mobile device, that device will likely send us data about your location based on your phone settings.
- How We Collect Personal Information.
We may ask you for Personal Information. This may include but isn’t limited to, Contact/Identity Information, Relationship Information, and Financial Account Information, when you visit the Site, contact us, purchase Goods on or through the Site, or otherwise interact with the Site.
We collect Transaction Information when you use the Site. For example, we may track the Goods
We also collect Transaction Information if you contact us, from your social media interaction and other methods of communication. This includes but isn’t limited to, customer support purposes.
We may receive additional Personal Information from third parties. This may include but isn’t limited to Google, Amazon and/or others. We may use this Personal Information to enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you, and to otherwise enhance the Site, and/or the Goods.
- How Packwoods Uses Personal Information.
Packwoods uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve the Site;
- Provide you with offers for Goods from participating merchants including but not limited to, offers based on things such as your stated and anticipated interests, personal characteristics or location;
- Facilitate and process orders for Goods including but not limited to, their purchase and shipping;
- Evaluate your applicability for certain Goods;
- Evaluate the types of offers and Goods that may be of interest to you;
- Track your purchasing habits of Goods, and perform other analytics;
- Manage and develop our business and operations;
- Provide customer support. This may include but isn’t limited to our merchants or business partners;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about Packwoods and our merchants and business partners. These can include but aren’t limited to, newsletters, special offers, curated content, and announcements;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support, administrative messages, service bulletins, and marketing information;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Site, email messages, text messages, applications, and other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys and promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- Add to our contact database;
- When and Why Packwoods Discloses Personal Information.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies (such as our subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by Packwoods) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in Section 3 above;
- Third-party merchants, but only to the extent you have participated in an activity sponsored or offered through Packwoods on behalf of that merchant. We may also provide merchants with Personal Information to combat fraud and as part of legal proceedings affecting Packwoods and that merchant;
- Third-party service providers, such as for Goods shipping and fulfillment, and shopping cart merchant services;
- Third-party service providers whom we may rely on to run or help us to run surveys and promotional activities. In some instances, navigation to their website or application may be seamless, so it may appear that you are still on the Site. So, please take note of who’s running or helping with the event in question, and what terms, conditions, and policies apply;
- Our business partners or advertisers, as part of an offer or other activity that is provided by or in conjunction with us and our business partners, and in which you have elected to participate. For example, if you are referred to Packwoods from a business partner’s website or through an invitation facilitated by or in conjunction with a Packwoods business partner, we may provide that business partner with Contact Information and Transactional Information to validate the referral and to support the terms of the relationship between us and that business partner. This, in turn, may allow that business partner to contact you directly and/or to advertise to you;
You will be notified by email and we will post a prominent notice on the Site’s landing page of any changes in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as of any new or different choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
We may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain aggregated and statistical data about our users.
- Cookies and Related Technologies.
When you use the Site, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, clear gifs (also known as web beacons and web bugs), browser analysis tools, and web server logs. A “clear gif” (also known as a “web beacons”) is a nearly invisible, pixel-size graphic image on an application, website, application or website-based document, or email. It helps us do things like view the URL of the page in which the clear gif appears, and the time our Site and the email in question is viewed. In emails, clear gifs help us confirm the receipt of and respond to emails we receive including but not limited to, those that Users forward to friends and family, as well as to help us deliver a more personalized online experience.
As you use the Site, your browser and other devices, like certain types of phones and tablets, communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and service providers, to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for Goods and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on the computers or other devices from which you access the Site. This information is then transmitted back to the Site by these devices. These servers are operated, and the cookies managed by us, our business partners, or our service providers.
For example, when you visit the Site, we and/or our third-party service providers may place cookies on that computer or device. Cookies allow us to recognize you when they return, and to track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us to detect certain kinds of fraud. A “cookie” is simply a data file with a small amount of information that is stored on a device, sent by the browser one is using. It stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Site. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your Site activity with other information we store about you or as related to your interactions with the Site.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. “Session” cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Browsers usually erase session cookies once the browser is exited. “Persistent” cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on the computers or other devices people use even beyond when they exit their browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes. These include but aren’t limited to, retrieving certain information you have previously provided (like your password, if you asked to be remembered), and storing your preferences, such as the types of Goods in which you have told us you are interested. “Essential cookies” are cookies that allow websites to perform essential functions, like remembering which products you selected for purchase and placed into your shopping cart.
“Pixel tags” are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed certain specific actions. When you access these pages or open our email messages, the pixel tags generate a notice of that action to us and/or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from the devices you use to access the Site, using these cookies and other technologies. Some examples of this information are your operating system type, browser type, domain and other system settings, the language your system uses and, the country and time zone of that device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol (“IP“) addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Site. An “IP address” is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other online. We may also collect information about the website or application you were visiting before you came to the Site, and the application or website you visit after they leave the Site, if this information is supplied to us by the User’s browser.
If you’d like more information on how to remove yourself from the tracking and reporting functions performed for or by the Site by Google Analytics, please email us at [email protected].
You can also RID YOUR DEVICES OF COOKIES by blocking or deleting them. This is often done by adjusting your browser’s privacy and security settings. How to do this depends on the type of browser being used. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You might also find information about this by clicking your browser’s “Help” tab, or by contacting them. You can also try typing something like “deleting cookies” and your browser type into an internet search engine.
- Your Choices.
We think that you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of Goods you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to us, and you can limit the communications that we send to you, at any time, as described in Section 7 below.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by referring to Section 5 above.
You can also manage the sharing of certain of your Personal Information with us when you connect with us through a social media platform or applications, such as through Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn. Please refer to the privacy policies and settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between us and that social media account.
If you wish to opt-out of receiving offers directly from Packwoods merchants or business partners, you can follow the opt-out instructions in the emails that they send you.
- Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Personal and Other Information; Opting Out.
YOU MUST KEEP YOUR PERSONAL AND OTHER INFORMATION CURRENT AND ACCURATE AT ALL TIMES. By providing us with your email address (including by “following,” “liking,” linking your account to our Site, or to a third-party website or network), you consent to us using the email address to send you Site and/or Goods–related notices, including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail. You also acknowledge and understand that we may send you notifications of activity on the Site to the email address you give us, in accordance with any applicable privacy settings. We may use your email address to send you other messages or content such as but not limited to, newsletters, additions or changes to features of the Site, or special offers. If you do not want to receive such email messages, you may opt-out by emailing us your request, at the email address below in this Section 7. Opting out may prevent you from receiving email messages regarding updates, improvements, special features, announcements, or offers. You may not opt-out of Site-related emails.
Each time you provide us with Contact Information, Financial Account Information and the other information you provided us (individually and collectively “Your Information”), you are declaring that it is true and correct, and acknowledging and understanding that any false or misleading statements or information contained in Your Information can without limitation, result in termination of your access to the Site, and/or possible civil and/or professional liability. Keeping Your Information accurate also helps ensure that we offer you the types of Goods and other goods and services we think you want from us, our merchants and business partners. You can and should do several things to help keep Your Information current and accurate.
You can access, update, change, and delete all or part of Your Information at any time, opt-in and opt-out of any or all of the services and information we provide to you, and/or request that we no longer use some or all of Your Information to provide you Goods or other goods and services. You can do this as a User by clicking on the “opt-out” link in any of the newsletters we send, and clicking on the “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link in certain emails you receive.
You can also do this by sending us an email at [email protected], or postal mail at the address at the end of the next sentence. If you need help with accessing, updating and deleting any of Your Information you provided to us, or have other questions or requests, please contact our customer service department at [email protected] or by postal mail at:
5856 Adams Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
While we’re ready to assist you in managing Your Information, we can’t always delete records of past interactions and transactions. For example, we’re required to retain records relating to your transactions on and through the Site for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
We’ll retain Your Information to provide you Goods and other goods and services. We’ll also retain as much of Your Information as we believe in our sole discretion is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, meet regulatory requirements, maintain security, and prevent fraud and abuse. We will retain de-personalized information after your account has been closed.
- Security of Personal Information.
Packwoods has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical, and physical controls designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information. For example, we use industry-standard encryption technology to secure Financial Account Information when it is being transmitted over the Internet. We also use industry-standard security strategies for password encryption, security certification, periodic vulnerability testing, and periodic service, database, and server security scanning and vulnerability patching. Our Site is hosted on a server that is password protected. When our employees need to access your Personal Information or Financial Information in the course of providing Goods to you, we track it internally. When our third-party providers, like our credit card processing provider, need to access your Personal Information or Financial Information in the course of providing our Goods, they can only do so with a password we’ve provided them for this purpose. However, despite our security program and procedures, you acknowledge and understand that WE CAN’T GUARANTEE that any Person will be prevented from obtaining Your Information, or any other information including but not limited to, through unauthorized means such as hacking.
In the event the breach involves your online account credentials, we will send you an email, and direct you to promptly change your password and other security information, as applicable, or to take other appropriate steps to protect the online account. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you would prefer us to use another method to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at [email protected] with the alternative and/or additional contact information you would like us to use.
- Privacy Practices of Third Parties.
The Site may contain, be linked to, or use social media application program interfaces or plug-ins (“Plug-ins”), to connect to online or other communities, social media platforms and sites (“SMS”), and other areas where you may be able to publicly post and otherwise share information, interact, network, make comments, and communicate with others, such as but not limited to, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, discussion boards, chat rooms, and blogs, (individually and collectively “Communities”).
Let’s use Instagram as an example. When you visit our Site, the Plugin creates a direct connection between your browser and the Instagram server. This can allow Instagram to receive information about your visit to our Site with your IP address. If you click the Instagram “Like” button while you are logged into your Instagram account, you can link the contents of our Site to your Instagram account. This allows Instagram to assign your visit to our Site to your user account.
Please note that as provider of the Site, we receive no notification about the contents of the transmitted data or their use by your SMS. If you do not want your SMS to assign your visit to our Site to your SMS user account, please log out of your SMS user account and/or follow their instructions to prevent this assignment.
If you have questions about Personal Information posted in our Communities, please contact [email protected].
- California Online Privacy Protection Act (“CalOPPA”); Do Not Track.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us annually for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties.
The law also provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of goods or services marketed by those third parties, and a COST-FREE MEANS FOR YOU TO OPT-OUT of our providing your Personal Information for these direct marketing purposes. To request a copy from us of the information disclosure pursuant to California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84 of the to exercise your rights under this California law and/or the opt-out form, please contact us via email to [email protected], or by postal mail at the following address:
Attention: Privacy Dept.
California Customer Choice Notice
5856 Adams Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
Your written request MUST include your postal address, fax number, or email address so that we can provide you with the requested information.
Please allow thirty (30) days for a response.
As required by CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
“Do Not Track” (“DNT“) is a preference you can set in your web browser to let the sites you visit know that you do not want them collecting information about you. We honor Do Not Track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when DNT browser mechanism is in place. For further details regarding DNT, visit www.donottrack.us.
- No Use of the Site by Persons Under 21 Is Permitted
If you believe that we might have any Personal Information or other information from a Child, please contact us immediately at the contact information in Section 12 above. Please also contact us if you have any other concerns.
- Important Information for Non-U.S. Residents.
If you are located in the EEA or other regions, they may have laws governing data collection and use that may differ from the laws in the United States, and/or may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. Please note that we or our service providers may transfer your information to, or access it in, a country or jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws and/or may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. It may also be processing your information by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers. If required by applicable law, we will seek your explicit consent to process your Personal Information collected on our Site or volunteered by you.
We will take steps to ensure that your Personal Information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it. If you are located in the EEA or Switzerland, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of Personal Information to countries outside of the EEA or Switzerland through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses. We may also need to transfer your information to other group companies or service providers in countries outside the EEA. This may happen if our servers or suppliers and service providers are based outside the EEA, or if you use to access, avail yourself and/or purchase Goods while visiting countries outside this area.
If you are a resident of a country other than the United States, you acknowledge and consent to our collecting, transmitting, and storing your Personal Information out of the country in which you reside.
Attention: Privacy Dept.
California Customer Choice Notice
5856 Adams Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
Email: [email protected]